At EUI, we want to protect your home from termite. Virginia is situated in an area of the US that is listed as a moderate to heavy chance of termite infestation, which means termites are a real threat to homeowners in the greater Richmond area.
Did you know?
The first step in prevention is to be on the alert for termites. Termites rarely emerge from soil, mud tubes, or food sources through which they are tunneling. Most people are not aware they have termites until they see a swarm or come across damage during construction.
Some of the ways to discover if you have termites are listed below:
- Examine, by probing, exposed wood for hollow spots (using a flathead screwdriver or similar tool).
- Identify termite swarms (sometimes ants are mistaken as termites).
Ants have front wings longer than the hind wings while termite wings are roughly equal in length. Ants antennae are bent at ninety-degree angle while termite antennae are straight but may droop.
Termite Inspections and Control for Richmond VA and Surrounding Communities
- Termite treatment with the use of Termidor SC by BASF professionals. We are certified and trained Termidor Professionals—the most advanced product in termite colony management.
- WDI-certified inspectors for real estate inspections approved by the Virginia Association of Realtors and Virginia Pest Management Association.
- Moisture management with vapor barriers, foundation vents and other solutions.
- Wood destroying beetle management (e.g., powder post beetles).
Inspections are performed by trained Service Professionals who are certified and registered by the Department of Agriculture.